Junior Penetration Testers
About the Company
Secarma are a leading security consultancy firm that offers security testing and consultancy services to major companies across the UK. We perform a range of security testing including infrastructure, web applications, mobile applications, desktop breakout, Wi-Fi testing, red team engagements, and more.
As a junior penetration tester, you will initially be partnered with an experienced penetration tester to help develop your skills quickly. As you gain experience in each area of penetration testing you will begin to be booked on customer engagements, either as part of a team or working independently.
- Previous experience in security testing such as penetration testing, bug bounties, or capture the flag challenges.
- Demonstrable technical skills are required to complete the interview process.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both technical and business risks.
- Delivering penetration testing engagements as part of a team, or solo.
- Communication with clients before, during, and after technical testing has completed.
- Delivering security vulnerability information to customers in a concise and management report.
What’s it like working for Secarma
Secarma work on a range of different security tests, so you won’t be restricted to testing the same kinds of things each day. Also, we’re constantly looking for research opportunities, be that internal development to help the team or publishing research externally on the company blog, or at an industry conference.
Most of the work we do is conducted remotely, so whilst there are the opportunities to get hands-on testing company infrastructure, you won’t find yourself on the road every day.
Plus, the usual stuff like on-site parking, regular cinema nights, free drinks on a Friday afternoon, and your birthday off as paid holiday.
What benefits are on offer?
- An award-winning training and education team, with its own Pearson Vue exam centre to help you obtain and retain accreditations.
- On-site gym in the Manchester office, with steam room! We also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone to help you stay fit.
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us
- Referral scheme for bringing superstars to the business
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon