Junior Penetration Testers
UK (open for discussion)
About the Company
Secarma presents you with an enhanced level of security to defend your critical networks and data; we
work diligently with you to eliminate security holes to ensure your digital assets are secure from
cyber threat. Our security solutions provide infrastructure assurance, application layer testing and
vulnerability assessments. Our elite team of highly skilled consultants, located in 10 countries around
the world, provide a broad portfolio of specialist penetration testing services covering web
application, mobile, infrastructure, database, WIFI, ICS/SCADA and red teaming, as well as security
consultancy and training.
As a junior penetration tester, you will be scheduled on customer engagements as a trusted advisor. You
will be entrusted with, and must respect, the secrets of our customers and do your best to simulate the
real-world threats they face.
- Previous full-time penetration testing experience is required.
- Demonstrable technical skills are required to complete the interview process.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both technical and business risks.
Duties will include:
- Delivering penetration testing engagements on your own and as part of a team.
- Communication with clients before, during, and after technical testing has completed.
- As a tester, we will schedule you as a QA resource on a round-robin basis (rather than ad-hoc
during other tasks).
- For those seeking a pathway in management, you can recruit, train, and manage your own team.
- For those who do not want management, but who seek additional responsibility, you can take on the
technical account management of certain large accounts. That role means you have oversight of all
engagements and assist the customer with their long-term goals.
What’s it like working for Secarma
We figured we would get you this from the horse’s mouth, so we asked one of our senior penetration
- Our business is not driven by utilisation targets and our aim is lower than the industry average
(in my experience)
- If you are interested in conducting research, we schedule it with equal priority to billed
engagements. Simple approval process and bang you are blogging about your zero-days
- Our culture is founded on remote working. We understand and support this, and several of our
colleagues have relocated outside of the UK
- Secarma consultants enjoy a significantly lower onsite/travel commitment than the industry average.
You deserve a personal life! Are you getting that from a hotel by a motorway? (“I was certain that
I was not and enjoy my work-life balance much more now”)
Being a specialist security company there is also the opportunity to work with some very knowledgeable
and talented individuals. Given this and the company’s continued commitment to social events:
- Annual skiing trip
- Summer events
- White Hat rally
- On-site parking
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Free drinks on a Friday afternoon
- Christmas bash
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain
accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is
something for everyone (Manchester)
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food, and drink for the entire company, friends
and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us
- Referral scheme for bringing superstars to the business
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon