Web Applications Developer
UK – Manchester, Cheltenham, or Edinburgh
About the Company
Secarma are a leading security consultancy firm that offers security testing and consultancy services to major companies across the UK. We perform a range of security testing including infrastructure, web applications, mobile applications, desktop breakout, Wi-Fi testing, red team engagements, and more.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to join our team in producing scalable software solutions for our internal and external customers. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you. The ideal candidate will be capable of working alone or as part of a team and be able to produce micro service applications as well as full scale web services. We are looking for somebody who can hit the ground running, bring enthusiasm and their own innovative ideas to help improve current practices and support the team.
We have offices in Cheltenham, Manchester and Edinburgh, which are available for this role, there is also the ability to work remote for the right candidate.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stack
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx) and
- UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field (or the equivalent in experience)
- Familiar with Phabricator and Jenkins, GitLab
- Exposure to continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- AWS, Azure and Bespoke hosting solutions
What’s it like working for Secarma
Secarma work on a range of different security tests, so you won’t be restricted to testing the same kinds of things each day. Also, we’re constantly looking for research opportunities, be that internal development to help the team or publishing research externally on the company blog, or at an industry conference.
Most of the work we do is conducted remotely, so whilst there are the opportunities to get hands-on testing company infrastructure, you won’t find yourself on the road every day.
Plus, the usual stuff like on-site parking, regular cinema nights, free drinks on a Friday afternoon, and your birthday off as paid holiday.
What benefits are on offer?
- On-site gym in the Manchester office, with steam room! We also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone to help you stay fit.
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us
- Referral scheme for bringing superstars to the business
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon